Sejin C. Brooks
Sejin C. Brooks is an attorney in the Austin Office of Barron, Adler, Clough & Oddo, LLP. Raised in Oklahoma, he joined the firm in 2014 and focuses on eminent domain litigation. For eight years Mr. Brooks served as an Assistant Attorney General at the Office of the Attorney General of Texas, Transportation Division. While in that position he acted as the project manager of litigation for parcel acquisition matters regarding the DFW Connector Highway Construction Project. Prior to his time as an Assistant Attorney General, Mr. Brooks served as an Assistant District Attorney in Oklahoma and as a Partner Attorney for a law firm in Oklahoma. Mr. Brooks is a member of the State Bar of Texas and the Oklahoma Bar Association.
Mr. Brooks earned his B.A. from University of Oklahoma in 1994 and his J.D. from University of Tulsa in 1999. He graduated from University of Tulsa with honors.
Bar Admissions and Professional Distinctions
Mr. Brooks was admitted to the Oklahoma Bar Association in 2000 and the State Bar of Texas in 2005. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals (Tenth Circuit) and in the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma and the Eastern District of Texas.
Mr. Brooks has been involved with numerous community organizations:
- Former member of the Oklahoma Child Death Review Board
- Served on the Board of Directors for “Kids’ Space” Muskogee County Child Advocacy Center
- Volunteer Instructor at Court School teaching kids how to testify
- Past Volunteer Instructor for Court Appointed Special Advocates For Children (CASA)
Recent speaking engagements include:
- IRWA CLIMB Certified Instructor (USA) for IRWA Courses: 203 – Alternative Dispute Resolution; 800 – Principles of Real Estate Law; 801 – Untied States Land Titles; 802 – Legal Aspects of Easements; 803 – Eminent Domain Law Basics for Right-of-Way Professionals; and, 804 – Skills of Expert Testimony”
- Presented “Presenting Your Case and Defending Your Experts in Eminent Domain Trials” at the IRWA Chapter 74 and Chapter 39 Annual Seminar (September 2017) – San Marcos, Texas
- Presented “2017 Case Law Update” at the IRWA Chapter 74 and Chapter 39 Annual Seminar (September 2017) – San Marcos, Texas
- Presented “Presenting Your Case and Defending Your Experts in Eminent Domain Trials” IRWA’s 63rd Annual International Education Conference (June 2017) – Anchorage, Alaska
- Presented “2016 Case Law Update” at the IRWA Chapter 74 and Chapter 39 Annual Seminar (September 2016) – San Marcos, Texas
- Presented “2016 Case Law Update” at the IRWA Chapter 35 Annual Seminar (May 2016) – El Paso, Texas
- Presented “2015 Case Law Update” at the IRWA Chapter 74 and Chapter 39 Annual Seminar (September 2015) – San Marcos, Texas
- Presenter, "Eminent Domain Strategies for Appraisers, Attorneys, and Land Planners," Austin Chapter of the Appraisal Institute & IRWA Chapter 74 (June 9, 2015)
- Lecturer, “Preparing the Condemnation Case, From the Condemnor’s Perspective,” 13th Annual Eminent Domain Super Conference, Austin, TX (2014)