Blaire Knox joined Barron, Adler, Clough & Oddo, PLLC in 2016. Focusing in eminent domain, inverse condemnation, and land use litigation, she primarily researches complex legal issues and writes motions, discovery, and appeals, helping to advance cases during the litigation process.
Prior to joining Barron, Adler, Clough & Oddo, PLLC, Ms. Knox was an associate with McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP, where she focused her practice on commercial litigation, including business disputes, oil and gas issues, condemnation matters, and administrative law matters in Texas and federal courts. She also has experience litigating civil cases in state and federal appellate courts.
Ms. Knox graduated with a B.A. in Plan II and English from the University of Texas at Austin in 2007. In 2010, she earned a law degree from Baylor University School of Law where she graduated summa cum laude, served as a Technical Editor on the Baylor Law Review, and was a member of the Baylor Moot Court and Mock Trial Teams. She also served as a briefing attorney to Justice Dale Wainwright of the Supreme Court of Texas from 2010–2011.
A licensed attorney in Texas, she is working towards obtaining her license to practice law in New Mexico as well.
Ms. Knox volunteers and supports numerous animal rescue organizations.
Accolades & Experience
Ms. Knox is a member of the Commercial Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas and the Austin Bar Association. She has been admitted to practice in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the U.S. District Courts for the Western and Northern Districts of Texas.
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Co-Author, The US-Mexico Border Wall: a Unique Project with Unique Real Estate Issues 33 Prob. & Prop. 36 (2019)
- Co-Author, United States-Mexico Border Wall: The Past, the Present, and What May Come, American Bar Association Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Journal, Vol. 53, No. 1 (Spring 2018)
- Co-Author, Federal Border Wall Acquisitions: Political and Substantive Condemnation Law Perspectives, CLE International Eminent Domain Conference (Las Vegas, December 2017)
- Co-Presenter, Pipe(line) Dreams Post-Denbury and Other Pipeline Valuation Issues, Austin Bar Association Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section monthly meeting (Austin, November 2016)
- Co-Author, Attorneys’ Fees 2015, Business Disputes Course 2015, State Bar of Texas (Dallas, September 2015)