Stephen T. Matthews joined Barron, Adler, Clough & Oddo, PLLC in 1987 and serves as attorney of counsel, specializing in eminent domain cases throughout Texas.
Admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1972, he has also been a licensed real estate broker since 1973.
Mr. Matthews is the owner and president of the Steve T. Matthews Company, which focuses in commercial user land acquisitions and works with clients from preliminary location studies to the completion of property entitlements. His primary focus for the past 10 years has been the representation of Simon Property Group in Texas and the Southwestern United States.
Mr. Matthews is a two-time graduate of The University of Texas at Austin, where he earned a B.B.A. in 1970 and a J.D. in 1972.
Mr. Matthews is an active member of the the Austin Chamber of Commerce and has held multiple honorary and voluntary positions within his community, including:
- ABBA Business Leaders Council, 2011 – Present
- Marbridge Foundation, Board of Trustees, 2010 – Present
- Capital Campaign, Chairman, 2000 – Present
- Boy Scouts of America, Executive Board, 1997 – Present
- The Real Estate Council of Austin
- Chairman of Capital Campaign, 2000 – Present
- Executive Committee, 1998 – Present
- Executive Board, 1997 – Present
- Member, 1992 – Present
- Keep Austin Beautiful, Inc., Advisory Board Member, 1989 – Present
- The Hundred Club of Austin, Charter Member, 1983 – Present
- Austin Chamber of Commerce, Member, 1969 – Present
- Westlake Bible Church, Member, 1991 – Present
- American Bank, Board of Directors, 2010 – 2021