Michael M. Barron
Michael M. Barron, along with Stephen Adler, co-founded Barron, Adler, Clough & Oddo, LLP more than 30 years ago. Mr. Barron brought to the firm his years in litigation practice with the Attorney General's office, rising to the level of Chief of the Antitrust Division under Attorney General John Hill, and several years in private practice representing landowners in eminent domain litigation. Mr. Barron also served as Chief Counsel for the Human Resources Committee in the Texas Senate 63rd Legislature in 1973.
Mr. Barron represents landowners in statutory eminent domain cases, inverse condemnation cases and regulatory taking claims. Over the last 28 years, he has participated in several hundred special commissioners' hearings and numerous jury trials, and has lectured on eminent domain issues across the state of Texas. He has also participated in legislative attempts to redraft the condemnation statutes to ensure more fairness to landowners.
Mr. Barron obtained his B.A. from The University of Texas at Austin in 1969 and his J.D. from The University of Texas at Austin in 1972.
Bar Admissions and Professional Distinctions
Mr. Barron was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1972. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit and the U.S. District Court, Western, Southern and Northern Districts of Texas. He was named as a Texas Super Lawyer in 2011-2014, as well as one of the Best Lawyers in America in 2011 and 2014, and among Texas' Top Rated Lawyers in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Mr. Barron is a respected lecturer on the subject of eminent domain. Recent professional engagements include:
- Program Co-Chair, 13th Annual Eminent Domain Super Conference in Austin (2014)
- Program Co-Chair, 12th Annual Super Conference, Eminent Domain (2013)
- Program Co-Chair, 11th Annual Super Conference, Eminent Domain (2012)
- Program Co-Chair, 10th Annual Super Conference, Eminent Domain (2011)
- Speaker, IRWA Hot Topics in Real Estate & Eminent Domain Seminar – San Marcos, Senate Bill 18, (2011)
- Program Co-Chair, 9th Annual Super Conference, Eminent Domain (2010)
- Speaker, 9th Annual Super Conference, Eminent Domain, Mirroring the Market by Dividing Properties (2010)
- Speaker, Houston Bar Association Real Estate Law Section, Access and Related Issues in Texas Condemnation Cases (2009)
- Speaker, IRWA, Power Lines - Community vs. Specific Damages and Material and Substantial Impairment of Access. What Does it Really Mean? (2009)
- Program Co-Chair, 8th Annual Super Conference, Eminent Domain, The Highest and Best Use of Your Time and Money (2009)
- Program Co-Chair, 7th Annual Super Conference, Eminent Domain (2008)
- Lecturer, 6th Annual Super Conference, Eminent Domain, Understanding Special Issues and Litigation Strategies (2007)
- Speaker/Author, Government Beware: Condemning Land May Be More Difficult Than You Think, presented at the seminar on Suing and Defending Governmental Entities (2001) and at the Texas Attorney General's Conference on Eminent Domain (1986)
Mr. Barron participates in a number of community programs and organizations. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas and a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Association. He is also a member of the Frost National Bank Advisory Board of Directors.