As one of the oldest and most well-respected eminent domain firms in Texas, Barron, Adler, Clough & Oddo, LLP is proud of its reputation. A part of being a good citizen of Texas is involvement in the community.
All of our attorneys believe in giving back to the community. Many of our Texas eminent domain attorneys are members of professional organizations and have lectured extensively to help educate other professionals and the public on eminent domain issues. Many of our lawyers have a career history of working as public servants. Others volunteer on boards and with community groups and charitable organizations.
Our memberships, community involvement and activities, past and present, include:
- Chairing annual CLE conferences on Eminent Domain in Austin and Houston
- Lecturing at various speaking engagements
- Chairing committees on condemnation for the American Bar Association
- On the Board of the Anti-Defamation League
- On the Board of Breakthrough Austin
- Membership in the State Bar of Texas
- Membership in legal fraternities
- Membership on various boards of directors including the Frost National Bank Advisory Board of Directors
- Membership in Sunturians
- Volunteering with Homes for the Homeless
- Membership in the Austin Disaster Relief network
News & Resources
City of Denton Continues Efforts for 2014 Road Bond Program
July 16, 2021
The City of Denton is continuing its work on various phases of the Bonnie Brae reconstruction, which began several years ago following voter approval of the City’s 2014 bond program. The widening project has not yet started, as the City continues to work to obtain additional funding and the necessary rights of way.
TxDOT Reopens Public Comment for I-45 Project in Houston
July 9, 2021
After the Federal Highway Administration halted development of the North Houston Highway Improvement Project last month, the Texas Transportation Commission this week decided to reopen public comment for the controversial project.
Developer moving forward with plans for construction of high-speed train between Dallas and Houston
June 21, 2021
Private development company Texas Central has signed a $16-billion contract with engineering and construction company Webuild to move forward with plans for a bullet train connecting North Texas and Houston.
Governor Abbott’s Border Wall Plan Could Create New Eminent Domain Issues For Texas Landowners
June 11, 2021
This week, Gov. Abbott announced his initial plans for Texas to build its own border wall, with more details to be shared next week. This action follows President Biden’s suspension of border wall construction earlier this year.