National Business Institute Seminar, Eminent Domain from Start to Finish (May 20, 2013)
Kim Loessin will be speaking on the Eminent Domain Process (Condemning Authority vs. Landowner Perspective) at the National Business Institute’s Eminent Domain Seminar on Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Houston Marriott West Loop.
Gain a Clear Understanding of Eminent Domain
Be prepared to effectively represent your client during condemnation proceedings! Examine the statutory requirements of the process with experienced practitioners, as well as the nuances learned from years in the field. You’ll hear the latest on contrasting interpretations and disputes surrounding eminent domain and build essential negotiation and trial skills. Ensure these acquisitions are fair and efficient – register today!
- Understand eminent domain statutory requirements and what damages to include in calculating just compensation.
- Recognize what state and local governments should do to avoid legal missteps during proceedings.
- Stay current on eminent domain court decisions and new legislation.
- Adeptly advise your client on the relocation benefits and terms available.
- Maximize your settlement negotiation skills.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level program covers the condemnation process requirements and land valuation practices for:
- State and Local Government Officials
- Right-of-Way Professionals
- Real Estate Professionals
- Ethics in Condemnation
- The Eminent Domain Process (Condemning Authority vs. Landowner Perspective)
- Calculating Damages and Just Compensation: Appraiser Insights
- Challenging the Right to Take: Case Law and Recent Issues
- Settlement Strategies
- Texas Eminent Domain Law and Pipelines
Continuing Education Credit
American Association of Professional Landmen – AAPL: 6.00 *
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00 *
* denotes specialty credits